Workers of the World – International Journal on Strikes and Social Conflict (WW) is an academic journal with peer review published in English, for which original manuscripts may be submitted in Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese. Workers of the World publishes original articles, interviews and book reviews in the field of labour history and social conflicts in an interdisciplinary, global, long term historical and non Eurocentric perspective.
All texts are anonymously submitted to two referees, provided they meet the minimum requirements indicated in the rules for submission of contributions. The Editorial Board reserves the right not to initiate the review process of articles that do not meet these editorial and publishing rules for submission.
The Editorial Board takes the decisions regarding the timing of publication of received contributions.
Book reviews are welcome provided they follow the specifications below.
Rules for submission of contributions
All submissions to the journal Workers of the World – International Journal on Strikes and Social Conflict must follow these rules:
- All entries must be electronically sent to our e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). They must be saved in a program that’s compatible with Word for Windows. Images at 300 dpi.
- Separately, authors must send their full details – full name, institutional affiliation, academic degrees, institutional address and e-mail for correspondence). The author must also declare that the submitted text is original and not yet published or being evaluated in any other publication.
- The originals may be submitted in Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese. However, the article in its final form will be published in English, so – once approved for publication – the author is responsible for its translation within two months.
- The translations must be accompanied by a permission of the author and the original text.
- The articles will have a length of 25 000 to 40 000 characters (including spaces), typed in Times New Roman, size 12, with 1.5 line spacing. Quotations of more than three lines should be highlighted with font 11, single spaced. Margins: top and bottom: 2.0 cm, left and right: 3.0 cm. Items will be accompanied by the English title, abstract of no more than 10 lines (in original language and English), with 3-5 keywords.
- Book reviews may be between 5000 and 7500 characters (including spaces), with three key words, besides the title in the original language and English. Sources and bibliography follow the same rules of the articles and should not exceed two pages.
- The notes should be placed in footnotes, not exceeding the number of 30.
8. Rules for bibliographic references:
Books: Surname, First Name. Book title in italics: subtitle. Edition. City: Publisher, year, p. or pp.
Book chapter: Surname, First Name. Title of chapter or part of the book. In: Book title in italics. Edition. City: Publisher, year, p. x-y.
Journal: Surname, First Name. Title of the article. Journal title in italics. City: Publisher, vol., Issue, p. x-y, year.